Wednesday 14 January 2009

January Minimix #1

I thought I'd share with you what I've been listening to recently; the tracks aren't necessarily new fresh bands or anything, partly because I think the state of new music is lacking something pretty significant right now (that may seem like a sweeping statement, but I'll be back to that in a post in the not so distant future), but plainly because all of these songs are very good and are playing a part in my present day to day life.

Who knows, maybe you'll even like a few of them.

1. Beirut- Nantes
2. Common- U.M.C
3. Deerhunter- Never Stops
4. Wild Beasts- His Grinning Skull
5. Battles- Atlas
6. Black Milk- Hold It Down
7. Dirty Projectors- Rise Above
8. Talking Heads- Sax & Violins
9. Sonic Youth- Diamond Sea
10. The Zombies- Time Of The Season

I'll keep it at ten, for effect and a slight OCD induced need of neatness. Special thanks to Mr. Anderson for the introduction of The Zombies.

I'll get the others to produce their own January mixes for you. The world needs to share music more, and that is what we intend to do for your pleasure.

I encourage you to listen to the songs- there's got to be at least one you like.

Huw
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment